- 2 tablespoons Sheep Sorrel Herb Powder Org.
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Ground Cloves 1.92 oz.
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Co-op Korintje Cinnamon, Ground 1.92 oz.
- 4 cups water
- 1 (2-inch) nub fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- 3 ounces sorrel base
- 1/2 fluid ounce fresh lime juice
- 1 fluid ounce simple syrup
- 1 /12 fluid ounces rum
1) Bring the ingredients for the sorrel base to a full boil. Remove from heat and cover. Allow mixture to sit for 2 hours.
2) Using a coffee pour-over, strain the sorrel mixture through a coffee filter into a large jar. Refrigerate until chilled.
3) Fill a shaker with ice and add ingredients for one cocktail. Shake well and pour into a glass and serve (Note you can adjust the amount of simple syrup, rum, and lime juice to taste).
• Make this cocktail without refined sugar by using a liquid natural sweetener such as pure maple syrup or coconut palm nectar
• The sorrel base can be made ahead of time and kept it in a sealed jar in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.