1 cup brown rice
2 1/2 cups water
1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
1 large kale bunch, shredded
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup chickpeas
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 teaspoons Frontier Co-op Turmeric
1/4 teaspoon Frontier Co-op Smoked Paprika
1/4 teaspoon Frontier Co-op Fine Sea Salt
1 ripe avocado, sliced, for garnish
1/4 cup sunflower seeds, for garnish
1. In a medium pot, combine rice and water. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cover. Cook for about 45 minutes, until rice is tender. Drain any excess water if needed.
2. While rice is cooking, heat a large pan over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and kale. Cook, stirring often, for 2 to 3 minutes, until kale has started to wilt.
3. Add garlic and cook for another 2 minutes or until kale has wilted and garlic is golden. Stir in chickpeas, then transfer to a bowl.
3. In another bowl, combine chicken, turmeric, smoked paprika and salt. Toss until well coated.
4. In the same pan in which the kale was cooked, add remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil and chicken. Cook, over low heat, for about 12 to 15 minutes, until chicken is done.
5. Slice chicken and assemble bowls with a layer of rice, then kale and chicken. Top with fresh avocado slices and a sprinkle of sunflower seeds.