2 1/2 pounds butternut or other winter squash, peeled, seeded and diced
2 carrots, peeled and diced
1 onion, peeled and diced
1/2 pound red potatoes, washed
1 stalk celery, sliced
5 cloves garlic, peeled
1 Frontier Co-op Whole Bay Leaf
2 teaspoons Frontier Co-op Garam Masala
1 teaspoon Frontier Co-op Ground Ginger Root
1/2 cup real maple syrup
1 pinch Frontier Co-op Sea Salt
Frontier Co-op Black Pepper, to taste
1. In a large pot, add vegetables, garlic, bay leaf, garam masala and ginger. Add enough water just to cover, and simmer until very tender.
2. Remove bay leaf and carefully transfer contents of pot to a food processor. Puree until smooth and pass through a fine-mesh strainer.
3. Return soup to pot, bring to simmer, and add the maple syrup.
4. Season to taste with sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
5. Serve immediately, or cool and store up to three days. Freezes well.
From this recipe
Frontier Co-op Frontier Co-op Bay Leaf, Organic 0.15 oz. SKU: 18474$7.69
Frontier Co-op Frontier Co-op Ginger Root, Ground, Organic 1.50 oz. SKU: 18464$7.19
Frontier Co-op Frontier Co-op Sea Salt, Table Grind 5 lb. SKU: 193$13.84
Frontier Co-op Frontier Co-op Organic Black Peppercorns 2.12 oz. SKU: 18435$8.19
Frontier Co-op Frontier Co-op Black Peppercorns, Organic 1 lb. SKU: 2603$30.82
Frontier Co-op Frontier Co-op Black Peppercorns, Organic, Fair Trade 1 lb. SKU: 7003$31.20
Frontier Co-op Frontier Co-op Garam Masala, Organic 1 lb. SKU: 2722$36.08