Total Time: 00h 40m
Hands-on Time: 00h 25m
Makes: 12 servings
The licorice-like bite of anise cookies is addicting, so you might want to double this recipe!
Share with your friends
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and anise seeds.
- In another bowl, cream the butter. Add the eggs, sugar, and vanilla extract and blend well.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the egg mixture, beating until well blended. Don't overmix.
- Form dough into balls (about 1 tablespoon each), and place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake until bottoms are lightly browned, about 12 minutes.
- Rotating sheets halfway through may help with even baking when multiple cookie sheets are simultaneously in the oven.