Berbere Seasoning's rich, warm and lively spices play well against succulent beef (or tofu) and lentils in this hearty stew recipe. This Ethiopian staple ingredient is a must-have in any lentil stew and is also a popular rub on chicken and lamb.
Share with your friends
- 2 tablespoons Frontier Co-op® Organic Berbere Seasoning
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked lentils
- 1 pound cooked beef or cubed tofu
- 1 can (14.5-ounces) no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- In a soup pot, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about an hour, stirring occasionally, until lentils are tender.
- Use cooked beans of choice in place of lentils and heat just until serving temperature. Or use uncooked rice (brown or white) in place of lentils.