Brussels Sprouts with Apples and Bacon
Take Brussels sprouts above and beyond a side dish when you add bacon, Honeycrisp apples, and the flavors of the season with balsamic vinegar, Frontier Co-op® Ground Sage and Frontier Co-op® Rosemary Leaf.
Share with your friends
- 6 slices (about 6 ounces) bacon, chopped
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, ends cut off, quartered
- 1 large Honeycrisp apple, diced (skin on)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Co-op® Rosemary Leaf
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Co-op® Ground Sage
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Co-op® Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Co-op® Medium Grind Black Pepper
- Preheat a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add bacon and cook until crispy and rendered. Remove bacon from pan using a slotted spoon, and set aside.
- Add Brussels sprouts to skillet. Cook, stirring often, for about 15 minutes until fork tender. Add a splash of water or broth as needed to deglaze pan (this also helps steam the brussels sprouts so they cook faster).
- When Brussels sprouts are mostly cooked, add apples, balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, rosemary, sage, salt and pepper. Stir well to combine and cook for an additional 5 minutes, until apples are tender.
- Stir in cooked bacon, then remove from heat. Serve warm.