Deep Dish Pecan Pie
Put the perfect finish on your holiday dinner with this luscious pecan pie featuring the buttery-smooth sweetness of Frontier Co-op® Pure Vanilla Extract.
Share with your friends
- 1 9-inch deep-dish frozen pie crust, thawed in refrigerator
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 1/2 heaping cups pecan halves, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Co-op® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Co-op® Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Partially bake pie crust for 6 to 7 minutes, then remove from oven and reduce heat to 350 degrees.
- Using an electric mixer, cream together butter, sugar, vanilla and salt. Beat in eggs 1 at a time.
- Mix in corn syrup, then stop mixer and use a spatula to fold in pecan pieces.
- Pour filling into pie crust and bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean. Let cool, then cut and serve.
- Pie is done when it is set around the edge and is not visibly jiggly or liquidy in the center. You can also use a kitchen thermometer to determine doneness. The internal temperature should be around 200 degrees.