This Cajun-inspired rice dish is made with Frontier's Gumbo Filé powder, a spicy ground herb made from the dried leaves of the sassafras tree. Gumbo Rice is great as a side dish or with meat and seafood added for a gumbo-esquemain dish.
Share with your friends
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small pot, add broth powder to hot water. Simmer 1 to 2 minutes.
- In a skillet, sauté onion in butter. Add broth, rice, and Gumbo Filé. Bring to a simmer. Remove and place in large, covered casserole dish.
- Add in bell peppers, jalapenos and/or tomatoes if desired.
- Bake for 1 hour or until all liquid has been absorbed.