Stir this healthful, great-tasting syrup into hot tea, use it to sweeten cocktails, pour over pancakes and waffles or make lozenges.
Share with your friends
- In a sauce pan with lid, combine dried elderberries and water. If desired, stir in 3 tablespoons of any combination of powdered ginger, cinnamon and cloves.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, partially covered. Stirring occasionally, simmer until liquid is reduced by half.
- Remove from heat, let cool and pour through strainer (discarding berries and cloves).
- Stir in of honey or agave syrup.
- Pour into a jar with lid and store in refrigerator for up to two weeks.