Seared Scallops with Spiced Lemon Butter
These pan-seared scallops in a simple lemon butter sauce make a beautiful and quick dinner, with red pepper flakes adding a delicate kick of heat and color.
Share with your friends
- 1 pound large dry scallops, rinsed and muscles removed
- 3/8 teaspoon Frontier Co-op Fine Grind Sea or Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Co-op Fine Grind Black Pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Co-op Organic Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Co-op Crushed Red Chili Peppers
- Fresh parsley, minced for serving
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over scallops. In a 12-inch skillet, heat olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Place scallops in pan, seasoned side down, and cook for about 4 to 6 minutes, flipping halfway through, until scallops are lightly browned and firm. Remove scallops from pan and let cool.
- In heated pan, combine lemon juice and remaining 4 tablespoons butter. Once butter is melted, add lemon zest, garlic powder, red pepper flakes and a small pinch of salt.
- Transfer scallops back to pan and lightly coat with spiced lemon butter. Heat until warm. Taste and add more red pepper flakes if desired. Serve with a drizzle of butter sauce and a sprinkle of parsley.