Stuffed Mini Pumpkins with Italian Sausage
Grace your Thanksgiving table with these stunning mini pumpkins, stuffed with wild rice, Italian sausage, mushrooms and dried cranberries; all expertly seasoned with Frontier Co-op® herbs and spices.
Share with your friends
- 2/3 cup uncooked wild rice (makes about 1 1/2 cups cooked)
- 4 larger or 6 smaller mini pumpkins
- 6 ounces Italian sausage
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
- 3 ounces mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Co-op® Ground Sage
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Co-op® Rosemary Leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Co-op® Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Co-op® Onion Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Co-op® Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Co-op® Black Pepper
- Pomegranate arils, for garnish (optional)
- In a pot, cook wild rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, cut off tops of pumpkins, reserving tops, then scoop out seeds with a spoon. Set pumpkins aside.
- In a large skillet, add sausage and sauté until browned, breaking it apart with a spatula. Remove sausage from pan and set aside.
- Add onion and sauté for about 5 minutes, until translucent. Add mushrooms, celery, parsley, dried cranberries, sage, rosemary, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper, and cook for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Stir in cooked wild rice, sausage and olive oil.
- Stuff each pumpkin with about 1/2 to 2/3 cup of filling, packing it in with a spoon. Place on a baking sheet, replace pumpkin top and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven, carefully transfer pumpkins to a serving tray. Offset the tops slightly and garnish with pomegranate arils, if desired.