1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees and cover a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. In a small bowl, heat maple syrup, spices and sea salt until maple syrup is warm.
3. Combine the nuts in a bowl and pour the warm maple syrup over the nuts. Stir until the nuts are well coated.
4. Spread nuts on the baking tray in a single layer and bake for 12 minutes. Nuts should be browning slightly. Remove and let cool on the tray for 10 minutes.
5. While still slightly warm, toss nuts with sugar. Store in an airtight container for two to three days.
Note 1/4 teaspoon cayenne adds just a bit of kick to the spiced nuts. For nuts that are slightly spicier, use 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon.
Yields 4 cup of nuts.
From this recipe
Frontier Co-op Frontier Co-op Cane Sugar, Organic, Fair Trade 5 lbs. SKU: 2950$14.85
Frontier Co-op Frontier Table Grind Sea Salt 5 lb SKU: 193$7.32
Frontier Co-op Frontier Organic Ground Nutmeg 1.90 oz. SKU: 18461$6.74
Frontier Co-op Frontier Organic Ground Korintje Cinnamon 1.90 oz. SKU: 18434$4.63
Frontier Co-op Frontier Organic Ground Cayenne Chili Pepper 1.70 oz. SKU: 18428$5.49