- 3/4 teaspoon Onion powder white organic
- 3/4 teaspoon Frontier Co-op Garlic Powder, Organic
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Co-op Ginger Root, Ground, Organic
- 1/2 teaspoon Thyme leaf organic
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika ground
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Co-op Cayenne Chili Pepper, Ground (75,000+ HU)
- 1/4 teaspoon
- 1/8 teaspoon
- 1/8 teaspoon
- 1/8 teaspoon Cinnamon Ground Viet ORG
- Sea Salt coarse 5# pkg
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 2/3 cup canned coconut milk
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons dried coconut flakes
- 1 14-ounce can low-sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1 ripe plantain, peeled and sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 4 tablespoons mango chutney
1. In a small mixing bowl, combine brown sugar, onion powder, garlic powder, ginger, thyme, paprika, cayenne, allspice, nutmeg, white pepper and cinnamon. Set aside.
2. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine rice, coconut milk and water. Bring to a bowl and cook until the liquid has dipped below the level of the rice, then turn the heat to the lowest setting, cover and steam for 15 minutes. Sprinkle in coconut flakes, fluff with a fork, re-cover and set aside.
3. In a small saucepan over low heat with the cover on, heat black beans, stirring occasionally until heated through.
4. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil. Once oil is simmering, add seasoning mixture and cook for 30 to 60 seconds, until fragrant. Add shredded chicken and toss in the spiced oil. Cook for 2 to 3 more minutes until chicken is hot and crispy. Remove from the pan and cover with foil to keep warm.
5. Carefully wipe any residue from skillet, then return to medium-high heat and add remaining tablespoon oil. Once the oil is hot, add plantain slices and cook for 1 to 2 minutes per side, until golden brown. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels and sprinkle with salt.
6. Top each bowl with beans, seasoned chicken, fried plantains, sliced avocado and mango chutney, then serve hot.
From this recipe
Frontier Co-op Frontier Coarse Sea Salt 5 lbs. SKU: 333$8.42
Frontier Co-op Frontier Organic Ground Vietnamese Cinnamon 1.31 oz. SKU: 19526$6.49
Frontier Co-op Frontier Co-op Ginger Root, Ground, Organic 1.50 oz. SKU: 18464$6.79
Frontier Co-op Frontier Organic Onion Powder 2.10 oz. SKU: 18433$4.14
Frontier Co-op Frontier Organic Whole Thyme Leaf 0.63 oz. SKU: 18418$3.41
Frontier Co-op Frontier Ground Paprika 1.69 oz. SKU: 18378$4.22
Frontier Co-op Frontier Co-op Garlic Powder, Organic 2.33 oz. SKU: 18351$6.05
Frontier Co-op Frontier Co-op Cayenne Chili Pepper, Ground (75,000+ HU) 1.76 oz. SKU: 18312$3.56