Delicata Squash Wreaths
Create these delicious squash wreaths for a beautiful holiday presentation and treat your guests to a wonderfully flavorful side dish that perfectly balances savory spices with a touch of sweet cinnamon and warming cayenne.
Share with your friends
- 2 delicata squash
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Co-op® Ground Cumin Seed
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Co-op® Ground Coriander Seed
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Co-op® Sea Salt or Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Co-op® Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Co-op® Cayenne
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Fresh parsley or thyme (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice each squash into 1/2-inch thick rounds. Use a spoon to remove seeds.
- In a small bowl, stir together olive oil, cumin, coriander, salt, cinnamon and cayenne.
- Lay squash circles out on 2 large baking sheets. Brush one side of squash with oil and spice mixture; flip over and brush other side.
- Roast for about 20 minutes, carefully flipping them halfway through. Squash circles are done when fork tender.
- Remove from oven and arrange on a large serving platter. Top with pomegranate seeds, crumbled feta cheese and parsley or thyme.
- You can roast squash circles for a snack with a little olive oil and any of your favorite spices!