Quinoa Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
- Total Time: 45 mins
- Hands-on Time: 10 mins
- Makes: 4 servings
Reimagine stuffed mushrooms with a wholesome, vegetarian filling of quinoa, spinach, rosemary and feta.
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Organic Medium Grind Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Whole Rosemary Leaf
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Low Sodium Vegetable Flavored Broth Powder
- 4 Portobello mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup white beans (rinsed and drained if using canned)
- 1/3 teaspoon plus 1/4 teaspoon, divided
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup packed baby spinach
- 2 ounces feta
- 1/4 cup quinoa
1. To make quinoa, combine quinoa with vegetable broth and rosemary in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover, and let cook for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, remove quinoa from heat and let sit, still covered, for another 5 to 10 minutes or until water is fully absorbed.
2. While quinoa is cooking, preheat oven to 375 degrees. Remove the mushroom stems and lightly rub with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Place cap side up on a baking tray covered with parchment paper and sprinkle with 1/3 teaspoon sea salt. Roast mushrooms for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and flip over.
3. Place white beans in a medium bowl and mash with a fork until beans are in small pieces. Add garlic, lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon sea salt and black pepper, stirring until combined. Cut spinach into small strips and add to bean mixture along with feta. Stir until everything is well combined.
4. Divide quinoa mixture among the mushrooms caps. Return the mushrooms to the oven and bake for 15 minutes until filling is lightly brown. Serve immediately.
Note To make vegan, simply leave the feta out of the filling.