Coconut Bacon Salad with Ginger Mustard Vinaigrette
Total Time: 0 hrs 10 mins
Hands-on Time: 0 hrs 10 mins
Makes: 4 servings
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Co-op Paprika, Smoked, Ground 1.87 oz.
- 1 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Co-op Ginger Root, Ground, Organic 1.50 oz.
- 1/4 teaspoon
- 2 cups large unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons liquid smoke
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups loose leaf baby lettuce an arugula
- 1 medium gala apple, diced
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
1. Heat over to 325 degrees. On a sheet tray covered with parchment paper, combine coconut flakes, soy sauce, maple syrup, liquid smoke, Worcestershire sauce, smoked paprika and salt. Toss until coconut flakes are well coated.2. Spread flakes in an even thin layer and bake for 22 to 24 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes or so, until the coconut bacon is browning and crisp. Remove from oven and let cool.3. While the coconut bacon cools, prepare salad. In a mixing bowl, combine lettuce, arugula, apple, cranberries and walnuts. Toss gently until well combined. Set aside.4. In a jar with a secure lid, combine olive oil, apple cider vinegar, ground mustard, ginger, maple syrup and salt. Seal jar with lid and shake until well blended. Pour half the dressing over the salad and toss until well combined.5. Serve and drizzle more dressing as desired.